RLlib Office Hours - Now open for signup

Hey everyone, we would like to start offering “office hours” for RLlib, which will basically be 30min video chats with @sven1977 to debug/unblock issues together.

If you are interested, please fill out this form here (~2min) to let us know what times and days-of-week would work best for you. We’ll get back to you with a calendly link then to schedule the actual day+time. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is such a good idea, I was tempted to even mark the 1am slots as available :slight_smile:

@sven1977 Is there any update reagrding the office hours? I filled in the Google form but did not get any registration email.

Best
Simon

Hey everyone, thanks for signing up. Will send out the emails tomorrow morning! Sorry for the delay, just busy with release testing these days. :slight_smile: @Lars_Simon_Zehnder @rusu24edward

1 Like

Many thanks for such a great idea. I just saw this message and I hope there are still some open slots :slight_smile:

Hi @sven1977,
are you still offering office hours for RLlib?
Thank you and best regards
Thomas

Hey @thgehr , sorry, but we are no longer offering these office hours. Please ask your questions here on this forum or file an issue on github, instead.

Fyi: The RLlib team has ramped up its community support efforts and we are spending 1.5 full engineer days per week on each a) the forum here and b) github issues. We are carefully evaluating whether this cadence will help us catch up on older posts/issues over the next few months and adjust as necessary.

2 Likes

Hey everyone , we would like to re-start office hours on a regular bi-weekly basis!

8am PT Tuesdays. These will be video chats with members of the RLlib team to debug/unblock your RLlib projects. If you are interested, please add your question to this doc here . We are asking if you would please link to either a github issue or discuss link in your question. This will help to share the learnings with others.
Upcoming office hours schedule:

• Tues, May 10th. Jun
  • Tues, May 24th. Avnish
  • Tues, June 7th. Artur
  • Tues June 21st. Kourosh
1 Like

I suggest to define timezone to avoid missunderstanding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Timezone is PT, the more generalized version of PST. I’ll change it to PT. Thank you.

1 Like

Looking forward to meeting more people via video :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The last Office Hours github issue, “Handling Conditional Callbacks from Ray Tune”, has been commented with link to youtube video of the live coding debugging.

The end result is a pattern in RLlib for how to train/compare different models, where same algorithm is trained using different hyperparameters. Create 3 different algorithm configs, then pass these config names into a Ray Tune grid search. Model metrics are calculated using Conditional Callbacks. Model metrics can be sanity-check visualized in TensorBoard.

Last Office Hours, we discussed 1) IMPALA with MixinReplayBuffer to answer Renos’ question. 2) PettingZoo deeper integration rather than just using existing RLlib wrapper. 3) Custom DDPO with PyTorch to answer Simon’s question. 4) Renos another question about multi heterogeneous agents. Here is full Office Hours Playlist on YouTube.

Next Tuesday, Artur is hosting. Please add your question to this doc here . Please link to either a github issue or discuss link in your question. This will help to share the learnings with others.

Looking forward to your questions, and thank you!