How to disable all logging except ERROR

I am using the following settings and yet tune is still outputting all trial information to console.

logger = logging.getLogger('tune.logger')
logger.propagate = False

ray.init(configure_logging=False, log_to_driver=False)

config={
                'log_level': logging.ERROR
            },

My preference is to turn off all logging, including to files in ~/ray_result. Is there a way to do this?

ray 1.4.0 python 3.8 Ubuntu 20.04

Can you try tune.run(verbosity=0, log_to_driver=False)?

verbose=0 worked for the console, Thx.

But my disk is still filling up in ~/ray_results.

Try running:

os.environ["TUNE_DISABLE_AUTO_CALLBACK_LOGGERS"] = "1"

before Ray Tune?

Still creating the ray_results output with that setting as follows:

logger = logging.getLogger('tune.logger')
logger.propagate = False
os.environ['TUNE_DISABLE_AUTO_CALLBACK_LOGGERS'] = '1'
ray.init(configure_logging=False, log_to_driver=False)

Ah, I guess how about you just do: tune.run(local_dir="/dev/null", ...)?

/dev/null is seen as a file and thus fails. In the end I just have a clean up process at the end of my optimization run that deletes all ray_result subdirectories. I am a bit tight on space and with lots for walk forward optimization the disk fills up.

I am in a similar situation. There should be a way to disable the logging of the progress.csv file on ray_results? My understanding is that the progresss.csv file is not used by tensorboard or any other relevant process, so what I do is that I use the analysis object after tune.run() to save a custom .csv with fewer columns (the big issue is with the hist-stats column). Right now, I am erasing the progress.csv file manually, but it would be great to change the Logger object directly so the progress.csv file is not created from the get-go. I tried to parse the documentation on Custom Loggers but that seems to be tailored to adding information to loggers but not to take out the progress.csv file. Any help would be appreciated.