Suppress Warning about

I have tried several commands to try to suppress the following warning:

2022-07-28 13:27:10,022 WARNING services.py:2002 -- WARNING: The object store is using /tmp instead of /dev/shm because /dev/shm has only 67031040 bytes available. This will harm performance!

In concrete I tried initializing it the following way:

ray.init(log_to_driver=False)

And also tried

import warnings
warnings.filterwarnings('ignore')

Hey @osllogon , sorry for the delay in replying.

ray.init(log_to_driver=False)

^ This is probably not relevant here. Looks like this is printing from the driver itself.

warnings.filterwarnings('ignore')

^ This should technically work.

Do you have a bit more logging you could share, or some repro steps would be great?

No worries @rickyyx This is the complete trace:

2022-08-08 11:11:24,170 WARNING services.py:2002 -- WARNING: The object store is using /tmp instead of /dev/shm because /dev/shm has only 67006464 bytes available. This will harm performance! You may be able to free up space by deleting files in /dev/shm. If you are inside a Docker container, you can increase /dev/shm size by passing '--shm-size=10.24gb' to 'docker run' (or add it to the run_options list in a Ray cluster config). Make sure to set this to more than 30% of available RAM

It happens when I call from a notebook a function in a script that parallelizes a search algorithm

In this case warnings.filterwarnings('ignore') won’t work I think since we are not using the python warnings module to print the warning but instead using the logging module.

You can try ray.init(logging_level=logging.ERROR) to suppress all warnings tho.