Ray Trainer looking for more CPU's than that of its initialized on

High: It blocks me to complete my task.

I am trying to train a Tensorflow model using Ray train. Refer to the code below.

def train_func(config):
    CONF, lstm_params= config.values()

start_epoch = 0
    strategy = tf.distribute.experimental.MultiWorkerMirroredStrategy()
    with strategy.scope():
      model = lstm_model()  # returns a sequential model

checkpoint = session.get_checkpoint()
      if checkpoint:
        # assume that we have run the session.report() example
        # and successfully save some model weights
        checkpoint_dict = checkpoint.to_dict()
        model.set_weights(checkpoint_dict.get("model_weights"))
        start_epoch = checkpoint_dict.get("epoch", -1) + 1

model.compile(loss=CONF['lstm_params']['loss'], 
            optimizer=CONF['lstm_params']['optimizer'], 
            metrics=le(CONF['lstm_params']['metrics']))

dataset_shard = session.get_dataset_shard("train")

def to_tf_dataset(dataset, batch_size):
      def to_tensor_iterator():
        for batch in dataset.iter_tf_batches(batch_size=batch_size, dtypes=tf.float32):
          yield batch["x"], batch["y"]

output_signature = (
      tf.TensorSpec(shape=(None), dtype=tf.float32),
      tf.TensorSpec(shape=(None), dtype=tf.float32),)

tf_dataset = tf.data.Dataset.from_generator(
          to_tensor_iterator, output_signature=output_signature
      )
      return prepare_dataset_shard(tf_dataset)

for epoch in range(start_epoch, lstm_params['epochs']):
      tf_dataset = to_tf_dataset(dataset=dataset_shard, batch_size=lstm_params['batch_size'])

model.fit(tf_dataset, shuffle=lstm_params['shuffle'])

checkpoint = Checkpoint.from_dict(dict(epoch=epoch, model_weights=model.get_weights()))
      session.report({}, checkpoint=checkpoint) 

config = {...} # hyperparameters for LSTM model 

checkpoint_config = CheckpointConfig(checkpoint_score_attribute="accuracy", checkpoint_score_order="max")

X_train, y_train = read_input_data()  #function returns training data numpy arrays

dataset = ray.data.from_items([{"x": X_train[index,:,:], "y": y_train[index]} for index in range(y_train.shape[0])])

trainer = TensorflowTrainer(train_func, train_loop_config=config,
                            scaling_config=ScalingConfig(num_workers=2),
                            run_config=RunConfig(checkpoint_config=checkpoint_config),
                            datasets={"train": dataset})
result = trainer.fit()

I am running it on Google Colab, where I have 2 CPUs available and I am initializing the the Tensorflow Trainer with 2 workers only.
Still, ray trainer is looking for 3 CPU’s and throwing below warning at trainer.fit() execution.

WARNING insufficient_resources_manager.py:128 -- Ignore this message if the cluster is autoscaling. You asked for 3.0 cpu and 0 gpu per trial, but the cluster only has 2.0 cpu and 0 gpu. Stop the tuning job and adjust the resources requested per trial (possibly via `resources_per_trial` or via `num_workers` for rllib) and/or add more resources to your Ray runtime.

It throws above warning multiple times and after some re-trials execution fails.

Can you please help me understand and resolve the issue here and let me know if I am missing something

Hey @suraj-gade, this is expected. Even though you have 2 workers that reserve 1 CPU each, there is an additional CPU that is reserved by the Trainer itself. You can disable the CPU for the Trainer by setting your scaling config like so: scaling_config=ScalingConfig(num_workers=2, trainer_resources={"CPU": 0})