Numba type deprecation problem in a ray cluster

warnings.warn(NumbaPendingDeprecationWarning(msg, loc
=loc))
(pid=19825, ip=172.28.129.4) /opt/conda/envs/cdm/lib/python3.6/site-packages/numba/c
ore/ir_utils.py:2119: NumbaPendingDeprecationWarning:
(pid=19825, ip=172.28.129.4) Encountered the use of a type that is scheduled for dep
recation: type ‘reflected list’ found for argument ‘sigma_x’ of function ‘dx_n’.
(pid=19825, ip=172.28.129.4)
(pid=19825, ip=172.28.129.4) For more information visit https://numba.pydata.org/num
ba-doc/latest/reference/deprecation.html#deprecation-of-reflection-for-list-and-set-
types

hi @Swadhin_Agrawal_2010 do you have a code snippet to reproduce this issue, and which version of ray you are using? From the stacktrace it’s a bit hard to tell if it’s Ray’s dependency issue or the library’s dependency issue.

Hello Chen,

@Chen_Shen
I am using ray 0.8.6.
I was trying to generate random numbers in function dx_n where sigma_x is List([a,b]) type variable input. I was trying to speed this up using @njit decorator of numba.

So, I was getting this deprecation warning and the code was running slow in comparison to non-ray based njit decorated code.

@Swadhin_Agrawal_2010 the version of ray you are using is probably is too old. I’d suggest using latest ray (1.6.x)