[Java] GLIBC issue during Ray.init() call

@ysu we will fix it in the next release version. But I don’t know the release date now, I will confirm it this week.

@GuyangSong Thanks a lot! This is really helpful to us as we do not need to build the libs on our own and track the version. Please do keep us updated once the date is confirmed :slight_smile:

Hi @GuyangSong , as we are waiting for the new libs that are compatible with CentOS 7.9, wondering if there is any update about when they will be released? Thanks.

We have fixed it and the new release will come at the end of this month.

@ysu Can you help to verify this jar first https://ray-wheels.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/jars/master/946459a63eb82fbc9c9e60beb867d6fd3e3aa849/linux/ray-runtime-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar?

@GuyangSong Thanks for the good news. W.r.t. the jar, wondering if you have a 2.4.0 version that I can try? Because we had some other issues with 2.0.0, we have updated the Python Ray to 2.4.0. So wondering if you could provide a snapshot version of ray-runtime-2.4.0 jar? Thanks again.

Hi @ysu ,

We have release Ray java 2.4.0: Installing Ray — Ray 2.4.0

@jjyao Thanks for your response, but I assume this 2.4.0 is still the version that was built in the CI environment, right? That has caused the GLIBC issue (as described in the main post) for us, since it is not compatible with CentOS 7.9. That is why @GuyangSong proposed to build the jars on the manylinux2014 image (see here).

@ysu Actually, the jar which I pasted above is 2.4.0. The version name is “2.0.0-SNAPSHOT” now because it is built in ray OSS master CI and we didn’t use a real version. You can check it in your environment first and use the next release version when we release.

Got it, thanks for the clarification. I will try the jar out.

@GuyangSong I verified that the jar that you provided solved the GLIBC issue.

@ysu Thanks for your feedback! I think the new version will be out this week.

Hi @GuyangSong, I’d like to follow up to see if the new version has been released? Thanks.

2.5.0 has been released! Please have a try?

That is great! Will try it later! Thanks Guyang!