How to integrate with non-redis or external redis backend?

How severe does this issue affect your experience of using Ray?

• Medium: It contributes to significant difficulty to complete my task, but I can work around it.

This is a repost (will remove original from Ray Clusters). Newbie here. I see in various places that a later version of Ray will no longer support Redis as its metadata store by default. Has this been implemented with the current latest version, or is it still pending? I would like to be able to integrate with pre-existing key-value stores that are already being used in our environment, like memcached or pre-existing redis. I assume this is already documented somewhere? If so, just need to be pointed to the right docs. Thanks in advance!

I’ve relabeled the original post to Ray Core:

Let’s discuss there.

Marking this one resolved (to focus attention on the original post)

I see in various places that a later version of Ray will no longer support Redis as its metadata store by default. Has this been implemented with the current latest version, or is it still pending?

Yes, I think by default ray doesn’t start with redis anymore. cc @yic should have a better idea of the timeline.

I would like to be able to integrate with pre-existing key-value stores that are already being used in our environment, like memcached or pre-existing redis. I assume this is already documented somewhere?

I think integrating with other external kv stores is still a feature being worked on. I am not personally aware of any publicly documented (or even privately documented) interface for this yet. cc @yic as well.