Having trouble launching a raycluster in a namespace other than ray on kubernetes

Hi, I’ve been able to follow the Kubernetes deployment guide and I’ve read through the advanced configuration. I’m able to start up the default example ray cluster using

$ cd ray/deploy/charts
$ helm -n ray install example-cluster --create-namespace ./ray

And this deploys the example-cluster in the ray pod.

The problem I am having is I can’t seem to deploy it in my personal namespace. I get the following when I try changing the namespace in the helm command:

$ helm -n jmusiel install example-cluster ./ray
Error: rendered manifests contain a resource that already exists. Unable to continue with install: ServiceAccount "ray-operator-serviceaccount" in namespace "default" exists and cannot be imported into the current release: invalid ownership metadata; annotation validation error: key "meta.helm.sh/release-namespace" must equal "jmusiel": current value is "ray"

I also would like to be able to change the CPU and memory allocations to my workers, as well as the number of workers and (ideally) use a custom image for those workers. But it’s not clear how to do any of these things. What do I need to change to launch a ray cluster with these customizations?

Hi!
Following up from slack:
Did uninstalling the release in the ray namespace or installing the second release with the clusterOnly flag work?

Yes it did! Thank you

1 Like