Dashboard crashed during autoscale

hi, I’m using latest ray 1.8.0 and have a k8s cluster set up. Initially, I only have a few workers running. When I launch a bunch of jobs to the cluster, autoscale kicks in and many more pods/workers are created. However, dashboard starts crashing and never comes back. I recorded my screen to demo this issue(dashboard-crash.mov - Google Drive) and the screenshot below is what I got from Chrome’s console when it happened.

Appreciated if anyone could help.

Thanks,
-BS

In ray 2.0, we made the previous experimental dashboard the new default dashboard. Are you still running into this issue?

Haven’t tried 2.0 yet, still using 1.13 for now. In fact, I didn’t know whether the experimental dashboard in 1.13 had this issue or not. Will take a look and report back later.

1 Like

tried experimental dashboard in 1.13 and it doesn’t crash when autoscale. However, I prefer the look and feel of the existing dashboard because it’s much more straightforward.

We’ll deprecate the old dashboard down the road.

Could you let us know whether you prefer the existing dashboard? Where should we improve the new dashboard? We definitely will keep iterating it to provide an even better experience.